International Applications

International Applications

Northbourne Park School welcomes applications from outside of the UK. For over twenty years, we have welcomed international pupils to this family school, to enjoy the challenges and excitements of English Prep school life, whilst learning their English and making lifelong friends. Our international community is one of our many strengths and our staff are expert at getting the very best out of all of our pupils whatever their nationality, culture and background.

International pupils can join us at any age as day pupils, or join the school as boarders in our English system from age 7 (Year 3) to age 13 (Year 8).

We are one of few schools in the UK to offer the CNED (Centre National d'Enseignement à Distance) programme, with CM2/ 6ème and 5è classes for French-speaking pupils aged between 10 and 13.

Read more about the different academic routes available to international applicants here.

We welcome applications for a minimum of one term (~four months) of study, although we feel pupils benefit most from at least a year at Northbourne Park!

The Admissions Process for International Applications

After your enquiry, a video call will be arranged between the parents, prospective pupils and Headmaster. On the basis of this informal interview and your child’s school reports and other paperwork, an offer of a place will be made.

If you are able to travel to the UK, we would be delighted to welcome you to Northbourne Park School for a tour, and we offer taster days and stays in our boarding houses. If you are unable to visit, the school attends events in both France and Spain; contact for more information about opportunities to find out more about the school and to meet our staff.

Following an offer of a place, the school will stay in contact. Practical information, including about preparing for boarding and travel, will be shared in the months preceding your child starting.



If your child does not already have the right to study in the UK, the school is able to sponsor Child-Student visa applications for international pupils. Any non-UK or Irish pupil who wishes to study with us for more than six months will require a Child-Student visa.

Pupils from the European Union/ European Economic Area (and many other countries) studying at the school for six months or less will not be required to hold a visa. The website offers a helpful guide to check if you need a UK visa.

If a visa is required, the school will share more information about the application process in the months before the pupil is due to start. You will be provided with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number and other important details. More information about Child-Student visas can be found on